The Stage Two shortlisted designers were invited to take their concept designs, develop them and replicate them across further typologies. The principles demonstrated in stage one still remain essential and it is envisioned that these would be replicated across the further typologies.
For Stage Two Taylor Wimpey were looking for designers to;
- Design and develop four homes (the original concept design plus
three further typologies) in more detail to demonstrate how they respond to different market and demographic conditions
- Demonstrate how they would combine and respond to different site contexts from detailed planning criteria based on two sites
- Demonstrate how the designs can be built using either traditional or modern build methodologies
- Ensure that the designs are high quality, commercially viable and capable of volume delivery
- Continue to excite and ensure that your designs will meet the demands and aspirations of Taylor Wimpey's future customers
In 2018 Taylor Wimpey plan to build the winning prototypes. The winner will have the opportunity to have their designs replicated across Taylor Wimpey's wider standard portfolio of homes.
Click a scheme to view in more detail
A. Artform Architects
B. Igor Russo
C. Openstudio Architects
D. More Design
E. Origin 3 Studio
F. NewGround Architects